The basic content of the Informational and educational centre “The Russian museum: the virtual branch” is “Mediateka” which includes publications and interactive multimedia programms along with films created on the base of the collection by experts of the State Russian museum.
The resources of the Mediateka let each visitor of the information and educational centre:
· enter the museum world and the world of fine arts;
· learn more about history of creation and modern life of the Russian museum;
· visit palaces of a unique architectural museum complex;
· walk around rooms, funds and restoration workshops;
· have a basic idea about types, styles, genres and periods of Russian art;
· get aquainted with the masterpieces of museums’ (participants of the project) collections.
The Mediateka includes multimedia programs covering various subjects dedicated to the history of Russian art, architecture, different issues on museum teaching, museum work. Part of the programs is dedicated to the permanent expositions of the State Russian Museum including masterpieces of the collection.
The programs are created with the use of latest achievments of IT. For example, the program “the Virtual world of the Russian Museum” allows to have a virtual tour around palaces and parks of the Russian museum’s complex and get acquainted with museum’s exposition, as well as to have a look at the computer reconstructions of the lost historic interiors etc.
Annualy contents of the Mediateka are supplemented with new computer programs on temporary exibitions of the Russian Museum and art collections of museums – participants of the project, as well as innovative programs for kids’ education and entertainment.
To make the use more convinient numerous programs and films were put into a single computer interface where they are divided into thematic columns. Visitors are suggested to go through the following sections:
- PROGRAMS IN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
- STATE RUSSIAN MUSEUM AND ITS COLLECTIONS (page in Russian)
- Programs of Vladimir Gusev (page in Russian)
- ART AND RELIGION (page in Russian)
- ARTISTS (page in Russian)
- UNIONS AND STYLES (page in Russian)
- HISTORY OF A MASTERPIECE (page in Russian)
- FROM FUNDS OF THE MUSEUM (page in Russian)
- SAINT-PETERSBURG – CITY OF MUSEUMS (page in Russian)
- MUSEUMS OF RUSSIA (page in Russian)
- EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS (page in Russian)
- GAMES (page in Russian)
- All programs (page in Russian)
Most of the programs are in Russian but some of them are already translated into English and some other foreign languages. As the project is developing fast not only in Russia, but abroad as well, there has been special attention paid to the need of remastering of the most needed programs. You may print out the brochure "Mediateka" (in Russian) using the link to attached file below.
Mediateka (download booklet). Languages: Russian, English